Saturday, February 8, 2014

IRTE 2014: Say "hello" to Marcia Sofley!

The new year is here and with it a new season of shows for IRTE!  We have an exciting, fresh new line-up of shows and a couple of not-so-new faces joining our ranks this season!  So say "hello" to the 2014 cast!

Joining us as a regular cast member this season is the lovely and talented Marcia Sofley!  She was so fantastic when she was a guest last season that we just had to have her join us as a regular member!  We sat down with this funny lady for a chat.



What do you love most about IRTE?

Aside from the amazing people in it, I like the full season of different shows.  The theatrical elements appeal to me and the different themes and formats keep it fresh for us and the audience. I also like that it rhymes with birdie. And purty. And Aunt Gertie.

What are your thoughts on this season's cast?

I think I’ll probably get voted off of the island first because Curt seems pretty ripped, GraceAnn is pretty, Robert and Nannette are likely to form an alliance, and Alex and Jamie are definitely conspiring, but if the bachelor gives me a rose, I think I can find true love.  Besides which, they’re all pretty awesome and funny and I’m excited to work with them.

What are some memorable moments from last season?

As an audience member, Nanette’s bath (as a cat) in Space Probe.  As a performer, we interviewed someone in Tampa for a scene whose “bad day” was largely because of a lack of caramel in her coffee – Jamie, playing the girl, had the meltdown of the century in the reenactment.  Thinking of it still cracks me up.

Who are some of your favorite IRTE characters?

I’m a big fan of Bartholomew the Bear (and excited he is making a return appearance), The Space Probe Robot, and of course, the entire Groovy Gang.

What are you most looking forward to this season?

The return of The Walking Dead. Oh, wait. You mean IRTE?  Pizza. Oh, wait. Onstage?  I gotta say Virte-go-go.  I love IRTE’s spin on short form shows, and the 60s, and am sure we all have some groovy moves to show off… and I’m also looking forward to… the return of The Walking Dead on tv.

Thanks Marcia!  We're thrilled to have you with us this season!


Don't forget to reserve your spot for our upcoming workshop: 
Saturday, February 22 at 2:00pm
Theatre Row Studios, Studio 5, 411 West 41st St, New York, NY (between 9th and Dyer Aves)
 
Space is limited so be sure to sign up now!

No comments:

Post a Comment