Sunday, March 2, 2014

IRTE 2014: Say "hello" to Graceann Dorse!

The new year is here and with it a new season of shows for IRTE!  We have an exciting, fresh new line-up of shows and a couple of not-so-new faces joining our ranks this season!  So say "hello" to the 2014 cast!

Joining us as a regular cast member this season is the lovely and talented Graceann Dorse!  She wowed us last season when she guested in Space Probe and The Clique!  We sat down with Graceann for a chat.







What do you love most about IRTE?
 
I really like that we eat a lot. Whenever we get together, it seems like we eat a whole lot. Well, it doesn't "seem". I know we do, because I feel awful afterward. But I like it when it's actually happening, as is the case with so many things in life.

But what I love, since that is technically what the question is asking, is that we spend a lot of time developing and rehearsing one concept, yet we retain the spontaneity of improv. Sometimes having constraints allows for more creativity. Each side, the theatrical and the improvisational, balance each other out.

 
What are your thoughts on this season's cast?

They eat waaaay too much. We're going to need a company physician soon. But as performers? They're super fun and supportive, and they're the most dedicated group I've worked with.

 
What are some memorable moments from last season? 
 
We didn't really eat that much last year. I came into the season late, so I wasn't part of the planning process, which is when most of the eating takes place. I also really liked being a robot. Oh, and one of my friends took her bachelorette party to see The Clique, and she was our "audience interviewee". She was great!


Who are some of your favorite IRTE characters?

Cap'n Cat from Space Probe, and anything Alex played in The Clique. He has truly found his niche.

 
What are you most looking forward to this season?

When we're done with the planning stage! Because then I can focus on getting my BMI down to a reasonable number. I swear, I can't eat another snack item, but I must, as long as we have pre-pro meetings left. A life in the theatre takes dedication, you know?

I'm also looking forward to seeing how the various shows actually turn out. I'm sure they'll look very different from how they are on paper, assuming the shows are not also stained with pizza grease and orange cheese powder like the paper is.


Thanks Graceann!  We're thrilled to have you with us this season!

No comments:

Post a Comment