Monday, March 4, 2013

Choose Your Adventure

Our new show, The Groovy Gang Adventures, is premiering in April. It's is inspired by adventure cartoons we watched as kids. I, personally, spent many hours watching cartoons. These adventures were mostly Hanna-Barbera cartoons like "Josie and the Pussycats", "Jabberjaw", "Charlie Chan and the Chan Clan", and "Scooby-Doo".


I have only vague memories of Charlie Chan, and Jabberjaw. My clearest memories are of Scoob, and "Josie and the Pussycats in Outer Space". I do remember another actioner, Jonny Quest that I really liked, but it had a much more serious tone to it than the others. If Jonny Quest were made today, I have no doubt the monsters would be men in disguise smuggling heroin.

One of the fun things about Scooby-Doo is they'd have celebrity guests who would play animated versions of themselves; Jonathan Winters, Phyllis Diller, and Don Knotts to name a few.


1 comment:

  1. Fun fact - Cheryl Ladd was the voice of Melody in Josie and the Pussycats. The creators had hopes of also forming a live touring band with the VoiceOver artists. This was way before Charlie's Angels.

    ReplyDelete