Friday, April 5, 2013

IRTE's Danielle Montezinos

Today, we're going to talk to Danielle Montezinos, one of the cast of IRTE's "The Groovy Gang Adventures". The Groovy Gang is based on those great Hanna-Barbera cartoons like Scooby-Doo, Josie and the Pussycats, and Jabberjaw.

Did you watch cartoons like Scooby-Doo or Josie and the Pussycats when you were young?
I watched Scooby-Doo everyday after school, though I found it sort of lame, even at a young age.  Probably because it's about Scooby, who's a dog and I was always a cat fan.  The Pussycats were more appealing but were never on when I was home. Only got to watch that when I was home sick or on vacation, which made it even cooler.  I don't remember anything about that show except the theme song!
I was also a big fan of The Jetsons.
Tell me a little about the character you're playing in "The Groovy Gang Adventures". What inspired you to create him or her?
I play Clara Cross. She's sort of the bitchier, edgier version of Daphne and nicer Veronica  from "Josie and The PussyCats".  I like playing bitchy self-absorbed people as it's nothing like me. Also, she means well, thinks she's a good girl, and aims at nothing but to be Prom Queen! If she's Prom Queen, she will most certainly get into Harvard and meet her future husband where she can drop out and be arm candy.  Then and only then, will her daddy be proud.  Sort of sad, wouldn't you say?...At least Clara has a life plan.
Danielle as Clara Cross, Prom Queen at large.

Did you belong to a groovy gang when you were a kid?
Unfortunately, no.  That would have been fun!
Can you tell me one a memorable adventure you had when you were young?
I had many adventures. Some of which were really stupid and could have resulted in me and my friends found dead at the beach. We grew up in Florida and were very bored.  Florida teens equals not too bright.  If you ever have kids, do not raise them in Florida, else they will end up being drugged up whores.  I'm the exception, of course.
Of course.

Thanks, Danielle. I can't wait to see you and the rest of the Groovy Gang.


"The Groovy Gang Adventures" opens Saturday, April 6 with a performance at Gotham City Improv. Check out the full schedule here.

Tickets are only $6.

Are you a junior high, high school, or college student? Tickets are $3 at Gotham City IRTE performances with advanced reservations.

Too cool for school? Take advantage of the "3 for 3" deal! Tickets are $3 per person for groups of three or more with advanced reservations (only at Gotham City).

No comments:

Post a Comment