Thursday, August 8, 2013

The Formative Years of Danielle Montezinos

The Clique, IRTE's next show, opens Saturday, August 3rd 2013. It's about those high school years we all remember and love so well. At the top of the show, our principal, Jeff O'Leary will interview a member of the audience about their high school experience. So, to be fair, we decided to interview some of the cast members of The Clique before we subjected anyone else to such experiments.

This time we hear from Danielle Montezinos:

BIRTE: Where did you go to high school?

DANIELLE: I wound up going to three different high schools. We moved a lot and I also tried a Performing Arts School one year.  I wound up graduating from Spanish River High School in Boca Raton, Fl.

Friends with smart kids
B: Who were your friends? Were you part of a clique?

D: I was friends with a lot of random people but I mainly hung out with artsy people who liked good music and wore a lot of black.  And when I say good music, I mean The Cure and Depeche Mode.  And Skinny Puppy. And Tori Amos.

I did have a lot of friends into theater, as I was into that.  Plus,  I was friends with a lot of smart kids, stoners and punks.

B: Did you ever get bullied/picked on by someone?

D: Nope.  People didn't mess with me.  Seriously.  That was junior high. In high school I was cool. I had purple hair and that was bad-ass.

B: Did you ever get sent to the Principal's office?

D: No, but once, senior year,  me and my friends got caught skipping school and I was  sent to "in school suspension" for three days.  It was awesome, I got so much work done!

Thanks for opening up to us, Danielle.

Check out The Clique Saturdays August 3 - 17 8:00 pm at

Gotham City Improv
48 West 21st, 8th Floor - Buzzer #801
New York, NY 10010
212-367-8222

Tix: $6

Reservations: IRTEinfo@gmail.com

Special Discount!!!: $3.00 for High School / College Students with advance
reservation.
$3.00 for groups of 3 or more with advance
reservation.



No comments:

Post a Comment