Thursday, May 28, 2015

Dear Mommy and Daddy... Letters from the Front Line (aka "Camp")

IRTE's latest production, Camp Fitness, opens June 6, 2015. Let's all gather around the campfire, as IRTE's very own Jamie Maloney pulls out the ol' mail bag from his days as a bright eyed camper!



Letters from Camp 1984-85
Jamie Maloney
12-13 years old
(Errors preserved)





1st day 1984

Dear Mommy and Daddy,

The bus trip was so long, I was bored out of my head. About half way we stopped and piced up some more people from New Jersey. I had to change my seat and finally sat next to someone. He had this piano thing and let me use it. When we got to camp I went into a building where they told us what bunk we’re in, Im in I-5. There are 5 other kids in my bunk they are strange.Please send me some money, about 5$. I also want some candy and gum. I don’t miss you.


Jamie

 

2nd day June 27

Dear Mommy and Daddy

Today was all right, we played softball went swimming played soccer, volleyball. The sore on my arm from the shot is getting worse and if I move my arm it hurts. There is a red spot there and it is a big lump. I hate this place, it is so boring we only do regular stuff. I want to go home, come and get me. The kids here are stupid. I told you it will be like all the other camps. If you don’t take me home send me some change for the soda machine. But bring me home.

Love

Jamie

P.S. I want to go home real bad and I know your going to say that later on I’ll like it but I won’t. Were not doing any good stuff, just all the regular stuff like any other camp. I told you I didn’t want to go. My arm gets worse every day and it hurts. Please come and get me. This place is so boring

I want to go home
Jamie

 


Dear Mommy and Daddy,

My last letter was a trick and don’t take it seriously. To Day I went on a jet ski and a water sled, Last night we had a water fight with the bunk next door, Please send some gum, perticularly Big League Chew. Everyone in my bunk is playing my foot ball game and the batteries are almost dead so send me some 9 volt batteries.

Love Jamie
sorry about
the trick

PS. we went on go carts and they call me kamakazie. 










Ready for more summer fun..?

Then come see IRTE in
 


Saturdays, June 6, 13 & 20, 8:00 pm
at The Producer's Club
358 W 44th St, NYC
between 8th & 9th Ave.

No comments:

Post a Comment